Guests are arriving, you want to make a little something to look super yummy and impressive on the table, but you have little time and if you're anything like me absolutely no baking ability or certainly none that i'd subject my nearest and dearest to!
I love a pretty table, those little touches that really make it look like you've made an effort and am a self confessed style over substance addict when it come to entertaining i'm afraid!
So I want to share with you a really quick, really simple, foolproof recipe ( if you could call it a recipe - in fact it's more just melting stuff and sprinkling! ) for some yummy chocolate discs which not only taste beaut but also look like something you might get with your coffee at a nice restaurant with real napkins!
So roll up your sleeves and find a spare 10 minutes!
200g of Milk or Dark Chocolate
Small bar of white chocolate
Dried Cranberries, chopped
Baking parchment/Greasproof paper/Mixing bowl, Pan of boiling water/wooden spoon/teaspoon
I'm over selling it slightly calling it a method but here goes...
1. Melt the milk or dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir occasionally and don't let it get too hot. Sprinkle a pinch of rock salt as the chocolate is melting, it really adds to the taste!
2. Once melt leave for a few minutes to thicken slightly so it's is easier shape on the board.
3. Now on your greaseproof paper, pop a teaspoon full of the mixture and push in a circular motion to make a disc around 4cm in diameter . Fill the paper until the mixture has all gone and leave to set a little, only fora minutes or so.
4. Then get sprinkling! I used cranberries on one and pistachios on the other. Chop these up finely and sprinkle a pile on each disc then sprinkle some rock sale over all the discs.
5. Melt the white chocolate and use a teaspoon to create a swirl or lines of chocolate over all the discs.
6. Leave to set in the fridge or garage in my case then display on a lovely wooden board
So there you have it, 10 mins to gorgeous discs of yummyness - no skills required!
Do tag us on Instagram @walterandmay if you make any over the festive period!